Friday, March 26, 2010

Making Greyt Strides!

So, Lonely came to stay with me until she gets a "Forever Home." As many folks know, at my house, you have to learn to navigate the Stairs of Death.... BwaaaaaHaaaaaHaaaaa....

Photobucket

This is what it looks like for the hounds that want to enter my home.... Very Scary!!! Lonely had to be assisted for 3 days - literally assisted... move the feet one at a time with the proper order for ambulation. I have gotten GREAT at this over the past 10 years of fostering, though the hounds all learn in their own time. I mean, come on... the view through the steps is pretty scary for a hound dog.

So anywho.... Lonely learned to shoot the steps quite quickly. If she can do these stairs, she can do ANY stairs!! Bring 'em on!!

3 comments:

  1. wow! I am impressed, you go girl...up those stairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three days. That is pretty quick. I think the only other that was so quick on the uptake was SlowDance, but he never ran up the stairs. That seems to be a girl thing so far.

    ReplyDelete