Monday, March 29, 2010

Lonely the Interested

I was told that Lonely was pretty interested in small animals. We, in the Greyhound Game, call this being Prey Driven. So, OK. I have dealt with other higher prey driven dogs before - no biggie. The only "small animal" that we have in our home is Sonny Bird. He is a Jenday Conure (pronounced: screaming crazy small parrot) :) Anyway, generally all the hounds learn to leave the birdie alone -- he bites their noses. Lonely has been more interested than most. She REALLY REALLY likes the bird. She can not get enough of him. Every time he makes any sounds, or drops something, or plays with a toy, she is there.

I think we will start to call Sonny "Lonely TV."

2 comments:

  1. I have a bird too, my fosters stand underneath the cage and whine. On the plus side the dogs eat all the food that the bird throws out of the cage.

    Amdra

    ReplyDelete